Friday 11 May, 2018 - Saturday 12 May, 2018
7:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Suitable for: Beginners (adults & children from age 12)
Course runs: Friday 11 May 7pm-9pm & Saturday 12th May 10am-5pm
The Beginners Sewing Course Weekend is a short introductory course to learn some foundation sewing skills.
- How to use a sewing machine safely and confidently
- How to wind bobbins and how to thread a sewing machine
- Understand the importance of correct thread tension
- How to sew perfect straight lines, smooth curves and turn corners
- Learn three different seam types and when to use them
- How to finish the edges, and why you should
- How to take up a hem
- Make machined buttonholes and how to sew in a zip
- Your choice of easy sewing projects. Make your choice of a reversible tote bag, I-pad/tablet cover, or zipped make-up bag, (You will need to bring your own fabric for your project – I’ll provide details when you book)
The Beginners Sewing Course Weekend is a good starting point to learn expert sewing techniques whether you want to progress into dressmaking, soft furnishing or craft projects. It’s also a great refresher if you’ve not sewn for a while.
I’ve been sewing since I was 7 years old (and that’s a long time!) In that time, I’ve made every mistake in the book. Now you can benefit from my mistakes and learn to sew like a pro in just one weekend as I share my expert tips. I wish I’d known all this stuff when I was learning to sew.
to book, go to: https://www.artisanstitch.co.uk/events/beginners-sewing-course-weekend/
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0773 939 7369
LocationStudio 6.03A St Margaret's House,
St. Margaret’s House, 151 London Road