6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
“Intuitive painting is a powerful spiritual and creative practice designed to connect people with their intuition, and inner guidance”
The classes combine intuitive painting, meditation, and writing. They provide a safe and positive space for free expression, with the aim to develop an intuitive approach to the creative process. Art is used as a tool for pure self-expression, healing, and transformation.
Participants have the chance to work on any subject, emotion or thought they wish to explore through the process, however, a general theme is always provided. A short guided meditation opens and closes the practice and helps to relax the mind and the body.
The course includes some introduction to the acrylic painting technique as well as some guidance through the creative process. No experience is required and all the materials will be provided.
WHEN: Tue 4th of June – Tue 9th of July, 6-8pm (6 weeks course)
WHERE: Edinburgh Palette Studio G5, 151 London Rd, Edinburgh EH7 6AE
EXCHANGE: 6 weeks £130.00 – £110.00 EARLY BIRDS discount available till the 22nd of May! All the materials are included.
For more information and to book your space simply visit https://www.creativeflowart.com/intuitive-painting-class or phone 07556575645
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Early bird price till 2 month before the course.
This 5 day intensive workshop is designed for students of all abilities, no previous experience is required.
The aim of the course is to help you understand the tradition of icon painting through studying masterpieces, and through their inspiration to create your own icon.
Over 5 days of intensive work students will go through all stages of icon painting which will be a good introduction and experience for using egg tempera technique as well.
Stages of work include:
1. Sketching and designing. Students can use images of icons provided as an inspiration or just alter an original image slightly. Students are encouraged to be creative and listen to their instincts.
2. Transferring finished drawings onto a panel covered with layers of gesso. Panels are provided and ready for students to use as it takes at least 2 days to prepare them. (It is possible to have an additional tuition on making panels on a request).
3. Redrawing with paint. At this stage students will start learning how to make paints using egg yolk and dry pigments.
4. Once all surfaces are covered with enough layers of ground we can start building shapes using lights. In icon painting we don’t build shapes with shadows.
5. Gilding – for students who would like to try gilding. We would normally cover small surface using schlagmetal leafs which is not a real gold leaf. It is an excellent method for beginners as gold leaf is extremely thin and difficult to work with. We will use oil gilding.
6. Applying final lights and highlights. Finishing.
7. It is recommended to wait at least few weeks before varnishing finished icon painted in egg tempera. Students are welcome to arrange a time and date to come back and varnish their paintings.
10:00 am - 11:30 am
The class is suitable for anyone with minor injuries or health conditions (or anyone else) who needs to work a bit slower.
In Iyengar yoga we use equipment – chairs, bolsters, blocks, belts, bolsters, blankets etc. to make asanas more accessible to those with physical limitations. Poses can be adapted to suit individual requirements. This class begins with gentle preparatory poses, moves on to simple asanas to stretch and align the body and ends with a few relaxing poses – longer holds in supported poses.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions
Book a place online at https://www.yoganowstudio.co.uk
Please note, there is no class on the 8th May – there are 9 Gentle classes this term.
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This dressmaking course will teach you how to make your own unique clothes that fit perfectly. Or if you’ve already done a bit of dressmaking, then you can improve your techniques. I’ve been dressmaking since I was at school. I’ve also studied Bridalwear and Tailoring so I’ve learned lots of tips and tricks that give your projects a polished look. During this course, I’ll be focussing on teaching technique so your clothes won’t look ‘Homemade’, but ‘Handmade’. No-one will believe you made them yourself.
If you’ve already familiar with dressmaking techniques and commercial patterns and you’d like to learn pattern cutting, then you can do this here too.
You should be able to use a sewing machine confidently, have had practice making at least one or two craft projects, and have an awareness of basic seams and hems. If you do not, then I recommend you take one of my Beginners classes first.
What will I learn? I’ll coach you in the following:
>How to choose an appropriate pattern for your level of ability,
>Taking measurements, cutting and fitting the pattern, understanding pattern markings and instructions
>Altering the pattern for a perfect fit
>Sewing tips and techniques to achieve a professional finish
Taught by a lifelong sewist with over 40 years experience across dressmaking, tailoring and bridalwear. Recently rated ‘Best sewing classes in Edinburgh.
Must be pre-booked at: https://www.artisanstitch.co.uk/event/dressmaking-course-10/
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0773 939 7369