Lorna Brown would like to invite you to the Design Market launch night at the Fruitmarket Gallery this Friday from 5pm – 8pm.
She is showing her new textile collection called ‘Berlin’ which is quite a move away from colour for her. Working with a mainly monochrome palette, she wanted to give herself some new boundaries this year and work with patterns, shapes and textures for a longer period of time and to develop a range of designs at different scales as well as simpler more paired back prints.
“I’m working with drawings, rubbings and photographs taken last year in Berlin.
I’ve been looking at Bauhaus textiles by Gunta Stolzl and Anni Albers as well as inspirational Sonia Delauney and decorative details, layout and compositional elements from Art Deco.
Inspired by the past but very much a contemporary and forward looking collection.
My products include new wow factor large scale lightshades, cushions, soft storage pots, fine art prints and I’m testing a new accessories range of small zipped bags…can’t wait to see what people think.”
If you can’t make the launch night then it’s on all weekend till 6pm. It would be great to see you there and please bring friends and family(kids very welcome too)
Throughout the gallery there will be 45 amazing designers, makers and creative friends across the design disciplines including:
- Jen Felton as Happy Retro Furniture – https://www.facebook.com/pg/happyretrofurniture/photos/
- Jenni Douglas Design – https://www.jennidouglas.co.uk
- Katie Ebben as Tablet &Harr – https://www.facebook.com/tabletandhaar/
- Lucy Batura as Polymorphics – https://www.facebook.com/polymorphics
- Lisa Arnott with Element 47 – https://www.silverhubstudios.com/