Saturday 25 March, 2017 - Saturday 8 April, 2017
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Preview on the evening of Friday 24 March.
An exhibition of paintings, handcrafted prints and other artwork by Rona MacLean, Aileen Grant and other women artists.
‘No Woman Is An Island’ is an annual exhibition. In this, its fifth year, the exhibition features work by Gillian Murray, as well as regulars Aileen Grant, Cat Outram and Rona MacLean. Several other women artists and makers are in support. This Edinburgh-based network of women artists and makers meet on a regular basis for sketching and to develop their work.
The main focus of the exhibition will be new and recent work by the exhibition organisers, Rona and Aileen, who are painters and printmakers. Landscape and nature are at the heart of their practice: Rona will be showing new screenprints on her favourite theme of trees, along with mini-landscapes and allotment paintings. Aileen will be presenting a collection of hillscapes from the west coast of Scotland with a distinctly orange theme. She will also have new landscape photopolymer prints on show.
The exhibition will showcase a wide range of new work, all for sale, including
- Paintings , drawings and handcrafted prints by Kairen Bergius, Mhairi MacDonald Greig, Alison Herman, Carole Macefield, Tansy Lee Moir, Karen Rogers, and Nicola Weir;
- Sculpture by Elaine Allison;
- Tapestry by Jane Christian Binks;
- Furniture by East Lothian cabinet-maker Michaela Huber;
- Glass art by Mary Drummond;
- Felt-art by Tricia Mowat Slater; and
- Basket-ware by Janice Hall.
St Margaret's House, 151 London Road