Saturday 9 December, 2017 - Sunday 10 December, 2017
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
A cluster of artists and makers holding studios in St Margaret’s House will be selling their work in a special, two-day fair, at the beginning of December (9th-10th).
Beautiful handcrafted gifts made by Edinburgh Palette tenants, with a wide selection of textiles, paintings, jewellery, prints, cards and ceramics on sale.
PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY TAKE CASH PAYMENTS!
There is a Bank of Scotland with a cash machine just opposite the building on London Road.
This year the Makers’ Fair will be set in all 3 galleries:
- Gallery 1 – Ceramics / Stone & Sculpture / Jewellery…
- Gallery 2 – Textiles / Feltmaking / Quilt…
- Gallery 3 – Paper work / Cards / Calendars…
The Christmas makers’ fair at St Margaret’s House is not just a simple line-up of stalls, but is a high quality common curated show you can enjoy with friends and family. We look forward to seeing you there.
Link Up Women’s Support Centre are delighted to offer their lovely creche facilities to browsers and shoppers at the Makers’ Fair this Christmas on both Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th December.
You can leave your 2-8 year olds with us and shop in peace for a £5 suggested donation to cover the running costs of the crèche. The crèche will be running each day between 12pm and 2pm. Spaces will be available subject to capacity on the day.
Help us spread the word. Share the word with your friends, your family and everyone else.
Our programme includes:
- MIRRIE TALES – Storytelling with the Thrive Archive in studio 3.04 on Saturday from 12:30 – 4pm.
- A pop-up bookshop hosted by Typewronger Books, also in 3.04 which will also have a selection of typewriters from various decades for you to try.
- Workshops for adults and children in G5 Education Space.
2 – 4pm Sat and SunThe kids making workshopCome along and make Christmas tree decorations, suitable for Primary children accompanied by an adult.Cost: £1
2 – 4pm Sat and SunAdult making workshopEnjoy making festive prints to create unique cards or gift tagsCost: £3
- 12.30pm – 1.30pm Sat and Sun
Finger Puppet workshop
Join French puppeteer & resident Tania from Le Petit Monde and make your own Christmas Tree finger puppet to take home, suitable for Primary children accompanied by an adult. Find out about the upcoming “Theatre In A Shoebox” workshops too! Cost: £1
- Simply Singing, who rehearse in the building on Wednesdays and are always looking for new members, will be spreading Christmas cheer in various locations around the building on the Saturday.
St. Margaret’s House, 151 London Road
Categories:community, makers' fair, resident artists