Saturday 16 June, 2018
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Suitable for: Beginners
Can you sew in a straight line? Are you looking for a fun and practical class to grow your sewing repertoire and build your sewing machine confidence? Then the easy sew yoga mat bag class is what you’re looking for!
Join in the fun and learn to sew this made to measure Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat Bag with two pockets, ideal for a water bottle and strap.
In order to join this class, you need to be able to thread a sewing machine, wind a bobbin and sew in a straight line. That’s it. We’ll teach you the rest.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– How to correctly mark a shape onto fabric
– How to measure your mat and adjust the design
– How to use a rotary cutter and mat
– How to make a drawstring top
– How to sew around corners
– How to make a strap
– How to finish a seam with zigzag stitch
– How make and attach an envelope pocket
– How to use decorative scribble stitch
– How to insert a circular base (great for sleeves)
Please bring your yoga mat with you as your bag is made to measure.
Fabrics are included but do bring your own if you wish. Reducing our carbon footprint is important to us and as we are sewing upcyclers, much of our fabric has been gifted or been something else before. Curtains/trousers!
We have machines but you are welcome to bring your own sewing machine too.
Small and friendly group with plenty of individual attention from our tutor. There will be tea, coffee and biscuits to keep you going. We can’t wait to meet you!
LocationUpcycled World, Studio 6.17, St Margaret's House, 151 London Road, Edinburgh, EH7 6AE
St. Margaret’s House, 151 London Road