10:00 am - 1:00 pm
During this relaxed 3 hour workshop, we will aim to complete a ‘mini’ sock during the class to enable you to try all the techniques in a top down sock.
- 50grams of DK or Aran weight wool
- Set of double pointed needles in a suitable size for your wool OR a long circular needle (80cm) if you prefer to knit using the magic loop method. 4.0mm for DK wool or 5.0mm for Aran weight
- Skills required: You should be able to knit and purl in the round.
Please note this is a virtual workshop held on Zoom. You will be given the meeting details after booking your spot.
11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Have you ever tried fusing glass? It is a lot of fun and utterly addictive. In this workshop you will learn how this is done and give it a go. You can make a beautiful glass bowl, a colorful suncatcher, Christmas decorations or something else that has a personal meaning to you. If you already have basic skills, you can work on your desired project or learn a new technique. This is one-on-one workshop, you will get personal tuition. You can come with another person, as long it is a family member or someone from your support “bubble”.
Fusing glass enables individual pieces to be transformed into a single object when they are put together and exposed to high temperature in a kiln. Depending on the temperature used, different textures and other interesting visual effects can be achieved. Furthermore, placing the glass into a mould or on a prop can produce three-dimensional forms with varying complexity.
In this workshop you will:
• learn the basics of fusing glass
• become skilled in cutting glass and assembling simple forms
• learn how to achieve desired textures and other effects
• design and make your own glass objects to take home
Note that your creations will not be ready at the end of the workshop, but will be available to collect from the studio 2-3 days after the workshop. All tools and materials will be provided.
To inquire or book a place at this workshop email Irina at: firstname.lastname@example.org