6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
“Intuitive painting is a powerful spiritual and creative practice designed to connect people with their intuition, and inner guidance”
The classes combine intuitive painting, meditation, and writing. They provide a safe and positive space for free expression, with the aim to develop an intuitive approach to the creative process. Art is used as a tool for pure self-expression, healing, and transformation.
Participants have the chance to work on any subject, emotion or thought they wish to explore through the process, however, a general theme is always provided. A short guided meditation opens and closes the practice and helps to relax the mind and the body.
The course includes some introduction to the acrylic painting technique as well as some guidance through the creative process. No experience is required and all the materials will be provided.
WHEN: Tue 4th of June – Tue 9th of July, 6-8pm (6 weeks course)
WHERE: Edinburgh Palette Studio G5, 151 London Rd, Edinburgh EH7 6AE
EXCHANGE: 6 weeks £130.00 – £110.00 EARLY BIRDS discount available till the 22nd of May! All the materials are included.
For more information and to book your space simply visit https://www.creativeflowart.com/intuitive-painting-class or phone 07556575645
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Early bird price till 2 month before the course.
This 5 day intensive workshop is designed for students of all abilities, no previous experience is required.
The aim of the course is to help you understand the tradition of icon painting through studying masterpieces, and through their inspiration to create your own icon.
Over 5 days of intensive work students will go through all stages of icon painting which will be a good introduction and experience for using egg tempera technique as well.
Stages of work include:
1. Sketching and designing. Students can use images of icons provided as an inspiration or just alter an original image slightly. Students are encouraged to be creative and listen to their instincts.
2. Transferring finished drawings onto a panel covered with layers of gesso. Panels are provided and ready for students to use as it takes at least 2 days to prepare them. (It is possible to have an additional tuition on making panels on a request).
3. Redrawing with paint. At this stage students will start learning how to make paints using egg yolk and dry pigments.
4. Once all surfaces are covered with enough layers of ground we can start building shapes using lights. In icon painting we don’t build shapes with shadows.
5. Gilding – for students who would like to try gilding. We would normally cover small surface using schlagmetal leafs which is not a real gold leaf. It is an excellent method for beginners as gold leaf is extremely thin and difficult to work with. We will use oil gilding.
6. Applying final lights and highlights. Finishing.
7. It is recommended to wait at least few weeks before varnishing finished icon painted in egg tempera. Students are welcome to arrange a time and date to come back and varnish their paintings.
9:45 am - 11:00 am
These General Iyengar yoga classes are suitable for students of all levels.
Fridays 09:45 – 11:00 and Saturdays 10:00 – 11:30.
Spring Term passes cost £80 for 10 classes and can be used at any 10 classes within the 10 week term (including evening classes). Single classes cost £12
Iyengar yoga is suitable for everyone. Regular practice can help with many minor health conditions and is very helpful for athletes in preventing strain and injury. All of our teachers have completed many years’ training and can help you progress, whatever your level of experience.
Please note there is no Saturday class on 27 April, 8 June, 29 June.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Free-motion embroidery, also known as Free-Machine embroidery, is a useful core skill for Textile Artists, Quilters and Felters. Many of my other creative workshops involve free-motion embroidery so if you’re not sure which one to take, then I recommend this workshop as a starting point. No ‘drawing’ experience is necessary.
This workshop will teach you how to use a sewing machine as a creative tool. Whether you want to quilt, create mixed media art, make cards, or embroidery on your clothes, this course will show you a variety of ways to do it.
Who is this aimed at?
Quilters, Would-be textile artists, dressmakers or crafters looking for something a bit different!
What will I learn?
This workshop aims to teach you the basic techniques of free-motion embroidery:
setting up the machine for free-motion embroidery
guiding the needle to draw with thread
how to obtain a variety of patterns and texture effects
use of fabric stabilisers
the afternoon project will help you practice, to create a small stitched picture.
Must be pre-booked at: https://www.artisanstitch.co.uk/event/free-motion-embroidery-4/
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0773 939 7369