6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
“Intuitive painting is a powerful spiritual and creative practice designed to connect people with their intuition, and inner guidance”
The classes combine intuitive painting, meditation, and writing. They provide a safe and positive space for free expression, with the aim to develop an intuitive approach to the creative process. Art is used as a tool for pure self-expression, healing, and transformation.
Participants have the chance to work on any subject, emotion or thought they wish to explore through the process, however, a general theme is always provided. A short guided meditation opens and closes the practice and helps to relax the mind and the body.
The course includes some introduction to the acrylic painting technique as well as some guidance through the creative process. No experience is required and all the materials will be provided.
WHEN: Tue 4th of June – Tue 9th of July, 6-8pm (6 weeks course)
WHERE: Edinburgh Palette Studio G5, 151 London Rd, Edinburgh EH7 6AE
EXCHANGE: 6 weeks £130.00 – £110.00 EARLY BIRDS discount available till the 22nd of May! All the materials are included.
For more information and to book your space simply visit https://www.creativeflowart.com/intuitive-painting-class or phone 07556575645
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
This Improvers sewing course will give you further sewing practice while you make more lovely craft projects. This is a 4-week course. You’ll be able to build on the skills learned on any of the Beginners courses, and gain further confidence at cutting fabric, and using a sewing machine. You can also choose to repeat any of the projects you made in the earlier course if you’d like to improve on your first attempt. Perhaps you’d like to try it in a different size? For example the make-up bag can be made bigger for your holiday toiletries, or use the tote bag technique to make bottle gift bags.
Who is this aimed at?
Improvers: those who’ve completed any of the Beginners courses and would like to continue to practice sewing and making small craft items.
What will I learn?
further practice cutting fabric and using simple patterns.
how to neaten up your sewing
improve your sewing speed and confidence
Lots more tips for measuring, cutting and sewing your projects
how to use other materials such as interfacing and wadding
You’ll have the opportunity to try the other projects offered in the 4-week Beginners course, such as the tote bag, i-pad cover and make-up bag, as well as some new projects such as a patchwork cushion or a plain cushion with a zip. You can also have another go at your original project if you’d like to improve on your first attempt.
Projects. Choose four from the following list:
lined and reversible tote bag, (or try the bottle gift bag this time)
tablet or I-pad cover
zipped make-up bag
patchwork cushion (or plain cushion with a zip)
a fabric basket – useful for keeping your sewing knick-knacks
sewing machine cover to keep your machine dust free.
Must be pre-booked at: https://www.artisanstitch.co.uk/event/improvers-sewing-course/
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0773 939 7369
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Early bird price till 2 month before the course.
This 5 day intensive workshop is designed for students of all abilities, no previous experience is required.
The aim of the course is to help you understand the tradition of icon painting through studying masterpieces, and through their inspiration to create your own icon.
Over 5 days of intensive work students will go through all stages of icon painting which will be a good introduction and experience for using egg tempera technique as well.
Stages of work include:
1. Sketching and designing. Students can use images of icons provided as an inspiration or just alter an original image slightly. Students are encouraged to be creative and listen to their instincts.
2. Transferring finished drawings onto a panel covered with layers of gesso. Panels are provided and ready for students to use as it takes at least 2 days to prepare them. (It is possible to have an additional tuition on making panels on a request).
3. Redrawing with paint. At this stage students will start learning how to make paints using egg yolk and dry pigments.
4. Once all surfaces are covered with enough layers of ground we can start building shapes using lights. In icon painting we don’t build shapes with shadows.
5. Gilding – for students who would like to try gilding. We would normally cover small surface using schlagmetal leafs which is not a real gold leaf. It is an excellent method for beginners as gold leaf is extremely thin and difficult to work with. We will use oil gilding.
6. Applying final lights and highlights. Finishing.
7. It is recommended to wait at least few weeks before varnishing finished icon painted in egg tempera. Students are welcome to arrange a time and date to come back and varnish their paintings.
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop is available for those who have done a course and want to develop there own project under expert supervision.
You can book packs of 5 sessions (five Tuesdays). It doesn’t need to be correlative but you have to use in maximum 5 months from the first session.
There is also a limit to the size of panel which can be undertaken due to storage space.
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
PILATES 4 ALL by Clare Shillinglaw
I run fun and friendly Pilates classes held in the Drawing Room, 3rd Floor on Tuesday evenings 5-6pm.
Pilates is amazing for improving posture, balance, flexibility and easing any muscle and joint niggles. Regular practice can help you build long and lean muscle, strengthen the core from within and relax the mind. It is suitable for a wide range of people, from beginners to professional sportspeople, and including pregnant women and seniors so please come along!