10:00 am - 12:15 pm
Relax Kids offers fun activity classes to help children manage anxiety and emotions while building self-esteem and confidence. Relax Kids Classes are starting back at St. Margarets House Meadowbank in February.
The next Relax Kids sessions will be running from Panda Yoga Studios 6.28 St Margaret’s House 151 London Road EH7 6AE starting in April.
• 5-8 year-old 10.15-11.15 Starting Sun 22nd April Magical Adventures
• 9-12 year-olds 11.15-12.15 Chill Skills is ideal for kids that are transitioning up to the upper end of primary or onto high school.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Free-motion embroidery is a useful core skill for Textile Artists, Quilters and Felters. It’s also useful for cardmaking and any other craft. You may also know it as Free-machine embroidery, or free-hand machine embroidery. Many of my other creative workshops involve free-motion embroidery. So if you’re not sure which one to take, then I recommend this one as a starting point. No ‘drawing’ experience is necessary and you can use a basic sewing machine. It doesn’t have to be an expensive or ‘fancy’ one.
This workshop aims to teach you the basic techniques of free-motion embroidery:
• setting up the machine for free-motion embroidery
• guiding the needle to draw with thread
• how to obtain a variety of textures and stitch effects
• use of fabric stabilisers and water-soluble embroidery film
• the afternoon project will help you practice, to create a small stitched picture.