10:00 am - 12:15 pm
Relax Kids offers fun activity classes to help children manage anxiety and emotions while building self-esteem and confidence. Relax Kids Classes are starting back at St. Margarets House Meadowbank in February.
The next Relax Kids sessions will be running from Panda Yoga Studios 6.28 St Margaret’s House 151 London Road EH7 6AE starting in April.
• 5-8 year-old 10.15-11.15 Starting Sun 22nd April Magical Adventures
• 9-12 year-olds 11.15-12.15 Chill Skills is ideal for kids that are transitioning up to the upper end of primary or onto high school.
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
‘Third Year Exhibition’ showcases a variety of works by painting, inter-media, sculpture and photography students currently studying at Edinburgh College of Art. This inter-disciplinary exhibition collates a wide variety of artistic styles to produce a bold, energetic collection of work, which highlights the talents of the up-and-coming artists and creates an exciting visual experience for the audience.
7:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Course runs: Friday 11 May 7pm-9pm & Saturday 12th May 10am-5pm
The Beginners Sewing Course Weekend is a short introductory course to learn some foundation sewing skills.
- How to use a sewing machine safely and confidently
- How to wind bobbins and how to thread a sewing machine
- Understand the importance of correct thread tension
- How to sew perfect straight lines, smooth curves and turn corners
- Learn three different seam types and when to use them
- How to finish the edges, and why you should
- How to take up a hem
- Make machined buttonholes and how to sew in a zip
- Your choice of easy sewing projects. Make your choice of a reversible tote bag, I-pad/tablet cover, or zipped make-up bag, (You will need to bring your own fabric for your project – I’ll provide details when you book)
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This class is perfect for total beginners who want to learn to sew or those who would like a refresher on using a sewing machine.
It’s a creative session, in textile upcycling, led by Green Designer, Ross Hall hall of the sustainable fashion label Hamish Mash Eco Fashion.
During the workshop you will learn:
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
11 am – 1 pm (1st , 3rd , 5th Saturday in the month)
4pm – 6pm (2nd & 4th Saturday in the month)
People Know How’s latest project supports people to realise their full potential.
Re:Connect is a service that provides free access to laptops along with volunteers to help people navigate online services.
11:30 am - 4:30 pm
This practical sewing course will help you become familiar with the basics of machine sewing and help you build your confidence using a domestic sewing machine before moving on to a simple sewing project after which you can graduate onto another intermediate course offered by Edinburgh Sewcial Club.
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This is our most popular jewellery workshop.
It is suitable for people without any previous experience with jewellery but also for jewellers who would like to learn new technique. During this workshop you will learn how to carve jewellery from special waxes and how to prepare your pieces for casting. One of your design will be then casted in Sterling Silver.
All the material and tools will be provided.
Finalised (casted, cleaned and hallmarked) rings will be ready to pick up (or sent) in 3 weeks.
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
What are beeswax wraps?
Beeswax wraps are a natural eco-friendly alternative to cling film and tin foil for wrapping food, covering bowls and jars. They keep food fresh, are naturally anti-bacterial, can be reused, refreshed and are compostable. Our wraps are made using organic ingredients: beeswax, jojoba oil, tree resin and cotton.
What will you do at the workshop?