10:00 am - 12:15 pm
Relax Kids offers fun activity classes to help children manage anxiety and emotions while building self-esteem and confidence. Relax Kids Classes are starting back at St. Margarets House Meadowbank in February.
The next Relax Kids sessions will be running from Panda Yoga Studios 6.28 St Margaret’s House 151 London Road EH7 6AE starting in April.
• 5-8 year-old 10.15-11.15 Starting Sun 22nd April Magical Adventures
• 9-12 year-olds 11.15-12.15 Chill Skills is ideal for kids that are transitioning up to the upper end of primary or onto high school.
11:00 am - 6:00 pm
‘Third Year Exhibition’ showcases a variety of works by painting, inter-media, sculpture and photography students currently studying at Edinburgh College of Art. This inter-disciplinary exhibition collates a wide variety of artistic styles to produce a bold, energetic collection of work, which highlights the talents of the up-and-coming artists and creates an exciting visual experience for the audience.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
If you used to sew but have got a bit rusty, then this 1-day sewing workshop will be a useful refresher to top up your sewing and dressmaking techniques. I’ll take you through some common sewing tasks that you’ll need if you’d like to start sewing again, and throw in all the tips I’ve learned in my sewing experience.
The Refresher Sewing Class will cover:
7:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Course runs: Friday 11 May 7pm-9pm & Saturday 12th May 10am-5pm
The Beginners Sewing Course Weekend is a short introductory course to learn some foundation sewing skills.
- How to use a sewing machine safely and confidently
- How to wind bobbins and how to thread a sewing machine
- Understand the importance of correct thread tension
- How to sew perfect straight lines, smooth curves and turn corners
- Learn three different seam types and when to use them
- How to finish the edges, and why you should
- How to take up a hem
- Make machined buttonholes and how to sew in a zip
- Your choice of easy sewing projects. Make your choice of a reversible tote bag, I-pad/tablet cover, or zipped make-up bag, (You will need to bring your own fabric for your project – I’ll provide details when you book)